5th week

I feel like I exhausted my writing with last week's heavy post, but I'll give a quick sum up of this week :) It was definitely better than the last couple weeks, but still with numerous rough/tough spots, as I'm sure will be the norm for a while. Anyways, our topic this week was 'Minding the Gap' and it was really interesting. Our speaker was from England and spoke in such an honest, attention grabbing way. My mind is too exhausted right now to even attempt explaining the topic, but ask me later and I'll give it a shot :) The big excitement of the week was finding out mini outreach locations. Mini outreach is a week long outreach that happens halfway through the lecture phase, giving us a little taste of what is to come during big outreach. Last week we were given the 3 locations (actually, there were 4, but one did not work out) - Berlin, Amsterdam, and Romania. We had about 20 minutes to pray and then write down our 1st and 2nd choice. The leaders then went over these later, praying over and assembling each team. My first choice was Amsterdam, and my second choice was Romania. And... I got my first choice! :) So I will be heading to Amsterdam on Sunday the 21st, and will return Saturday the 27th. What we will be doing there is not completely decided yet, but I am really excited and ready to get somewhat of an idea of what outreach will be like. We are still putting together details like transportation, where we'll stay, as well as what we'll be doing there, so if you think of it... pray for us while we're in this planning stage :)

3 comments :

  1. How exciting! I can't wait to hear how the outreach goes and what it is like. I am sending you a letter today - I hope you get it before you leave but if not . . . it will be waiting for you :-) I guess you get to spend your bday in Amsterdam! Wow! Glad your week improved a bit. Praying that each week (each day) continues to be better. Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good thing the mending the gap most of life is about maintenance and so with our spiritual life as well. Will be praying for you and who you are there for as well and Gods blessing on it all.

    ReplyDelete