It's been really crazy here the last few weeks, hence the delay in this post. I was doing pretty good at the weekly update thing, but oh well. Anyways, a lot has happened since my last post. The 6th week was a really good week focusing on the topic of Worship, but it branched off onto numerous subjects. It was really challenging and... yeah, just really good :)
The week after that was mini outreach, which was really incredible. The first day (Saturday the 20th) our team of 9 took numerous trains to get to the cutest little German town where we stayed with a team members family. We were blessed with an incredible meal and comfy beds in a beautiful home. It was a wonderful start to the trip :) The next day we got up, had a delicious breakfast then drove 4 hours to Amsterdam. The city is absolutely beautiful and arriving there was so exciting for all of us. We stayed in the YWAM Amsterdam base and we each had single bedrooms, which is a pretty big deal when you've been sharing a room with 9 other girls for the last 6 weeks, hah. Anyways, the week has so much to explain, and most of it I don't want to dive into on a blog post, but yeah, it was an incredible, challenging, hard, and eye opening week. We worked some with a homeless ministry, did street ministry, prayed in the red light district and elsewhere, painted a house, bonded as a team, and just enjoyed being in a city where there are so many opportunities to reach out. In the midst of all the bright spots in the trip, it was also a very spiritually and emotionally overwhelming week. Being in a city with such a strong presence of sin can start to weigh down your spirit, and I think our whole team experienced that and it became something we had to pray against numerous times. My birthday was on Friday and the day was spent finishing up our time there and then traveling back to my teammates parents' house in Germany. It was a good birthday and I can't say I ever thought I would be celebrating in such places :) We returned home Saturday and were reunited with the other 2 teams (one to Romania and one to Berlin) and quickly began sharing stories and such. It felt good to be back, but it also felt weird. Almost like we lived in our own little world with just our outreach team for the last week.
This week I've been slowing adjusting back into life in Herrnhut, and day by day it's getting more normal. It has been a different sort of week. We don't have a specific topic, and we have two different speakers and both of them are from the base. The main focus of this week, at least for myself, has been big outreach. Before we left for mini outreach, we wrote down our choices for outreach, and today (Wednesday) we found out which teams we're on. So, for the months of October and November, I will be in.... Cambodia! and possibly the surrounding countries. The other outreach teams are Nepal & Kenya. I put Cambodia as my first choice, but I had no idea if it was what I wanted for sure. The leaders pray a lot about the teams, and I prayed often as well, and now I feel pretty peaceful about it :) I have basically no details right now, but I'll get some more soon :) So until then... that's about all I have to say :)
Glad you had a good birthday and a good few weeks. Wow - Cambodia! I might have to make that be our topic of study this month in school to know more about where you are :-) Have a great week!
ReplyDelete