Here's a little cost breakdown as well as an update on progress made so far, if any supporters are curious and for my benefit as well. It's always helpful to see stuff laid out specifically, it helps me see where I am and how far I have to go! :)
The total is going to be somewhere around $7,500-$9,000. The reason the span is that big is because a lot of the costs depend on where the outreach is, which is something that won't be decided till right before I go or when I am already there.
The lecture phase will be $2,500
The outreach phase will be $2,500-$3,000
Traveling insurance is going to be $400-$500
Plane ticket from Minneapolis to Brussels is $1,377
Train ticket to Minneapolis is $100-$175
Flight or train from Brussels to Dresden will be somewhere around $300-$350
And then there will be other costs along the way that I just guesstimated for now. During the lecture phase (and maybe the outreach phase too) we are only provided 2 meals on the weekends, so that's an added cost, as well as numerous other things I know will come up. Not to mention all of the things I'm buying to prepare for the trip.
So that's the breakdown, to the best of my knowledge :)
To explain the multiple train/plane tickets, a flight from a town closer to where I live then to Dresden (which is the closest airport to my YWAM base) was close to $2,000. Booking the ticket from Minneapolis knocked down the price quite a bit, so now I just have to find a ride/get a train ticket there (where I will be staying with a close friend for a day or two prior to flying out) Also, I knew I wanted to figure out a way to visit a close friend in Belgium since I'll be so close, so I decided I'd fly into Brussels, then take the train or plane to Dresden. So really, my random route will be cheaper (or the same) as it would've been booking from a closer airport straight to Dresden. Plus I can't wait to spend time with my friends in Minneapolis and Brussels :)
Back to the money details, I had enough in savings to pay for my plane ticket (the Minneapolis-Brussels one) so now that's knocked off the list of what I owe. I have $1,000 saved at the moment, and, as of now, support letters have brought me in $620. The thought of how much money I need to come up with in a short 95 days is getting really stressful, but I know God provides :) I'm worked 32 hrs a week while doing school, and when school (online college courses) end in May, I'll go up to 5 days a week. So, we'll see what happens!
Glad to see alot is coming together (and the rest will in time) So excited for you to get to do this!!!
ReplyDelete