In Europe!

Well, I'm officially in Europe! I flew into Brussels this morning and am now at my friend Stephanie's house in Braine-le-Comte, Belgium. I will be here spending time with her and her family until Thursday the 7th, which is when I'll fly out and travel to the YWAM base. I fly from Brussels to Dresden, Germany, with a layover in London (!!!) and then will take a train from there to a different town, which is where I will be picked up and taken to the YWAM base in Herrnhut, Germany. I can't believe it's all actually happening. I feel like I've been in a daze the last week or so, but no, I'm actually in Europe, and not returning for nearly 6 months... crazy!

The past week has been a whirlwind. Saying goodbye to family and friends was pretty rough, but so far the reality of leaving them hasn't fully hit me yet, which is probably a good thing. In the midst of all the sadness and busyness of saying goodbye and packing up, I spoke in my church about what I'll be doing overseas. My pastor had asked me to share, and even though the thought of public speaking nearly sends me into panic attack mode, I agreed. It felt so invigorating to share with the congregation what I'll be doing and why I'll be doing it. They took up an offering for me after, and all the money I still needed for my DTS was raised. I was completely shocked but so so thankful. What a blessing to be a part of a church that supports me and believes in me!

Anyways, that is about all I have to say for now. I'm trying to get as best over jet lag as I can while I'm in Belgium (the time difference is 7 hrs ahead of central time) so I can be pretty much on schedule by the time I head to Germany. So, since it's currently 12:36am here right now, I better get to bed. The next post will most likely be after I'm in Germany. Thanks so much for all the prayers and support!

5 comments :

  1. Hey Girl! Holy Cow how cool is your trip!!
    I'll be in Brussels in a few days! HA Glad to be connected with you on your blog now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you safely arrived and can't wait to hear about it all via this blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are doing well! I talked to Phil and his wife, Marlene about WYAM and your adventure. They were very excited for you and encouraging. I am excited for this experience for you. 6 months seems long, but it will fly by! Love you much!
    Cori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it!! I can't wait to hear more about this! I'll be praying for you every day. God is going to do awesome things over the next six months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the first leg of the trip is behind you and praying for a good next leg :-) I am so glad I got to see you before you left. It was fun to be there and great to see you speak at church. You did awesome! I am so excited for you and all that lies ahead! I will love living vicariously through you for the next 6 months :-)

    PS
    I am reading an awesome book right now that you would love - No Longer a Slumdog. If you can find it - read it. You will love it too, goes right along with your focus.

    ReplyDelete