So today marks one month before I take off. I can't believe how quickly it's all coming! The plan is to get on a train on June 28th and head to Minneapolis. I'll get there around 7am on June 29th, and my best friend will pick me up and I'll spend the 29th and 30th with her, then take off mid afternoon on July 1st. I'll get to Belgium in the morning on July 2nd, where my friend Stephanie will get me and I'll be spending time with her (and her wonderful family!) for a few days. Then on the 7th or 8th I'll take another flight to Dresden, then a train to the YWAM base. The journey to officially reach the school is a bit random, but the first leg of it begins a month from today! :)
I'm starting to prepare more for leaving, but I still feel like there is so much to do! I need to start making lists and getting organized, or the days before I leave are going to be even more chaotic than they already will be. To add to the chaos, my parents will be moving while I'm away (not to a different town, just building a house out in the country :) so not only do I have to somehow fit 6 months worth of stuff into 2 suitcases, I have to basically pack up my whole life! It's going to be a crazy next few weeks that's for sure, but I prefer that over sitting around and giving myself toooo much time to dwell on the fact I'm about to leave everything I know for SIX MONTHS (well, more like 5 months and 3 weeks, if you wanna get specific).
As far as the money side of things go, I've received $1,865 in support (which has been an AWESOME blessing!) and I've saved about $4,000 myself. Right now I've paid for the lecture phase of the school ($2,400), my ticket to get from Minneapolis to Brussels ($1,400), missionary insurance ($200, cheaper than I expected!), and I've been stocking up on supplies (vitamins to last 6 months, shampoo, etc) and certain things I didn't already have and knew I'd need when I'm gone (like a hiking backpack, easier to bring on outreach than lugging a suitcase around). After paying for all of this, I still have $1,000 in savings that will go towards what I have yet to pay for, which is - the outreach phase of school ($2,000-$3,000) transportation to Minneapolis and then to Dresden ($400), and the extra money I'll need for things like food and whatnot (we're only provided 2 meals on the weekends during the lecture phase.) I have 3 weeks left of work and my family is going to be having a rummage sale as well, so between work and the rummage sale, that should get me... closer to having enough :) I'm not too stressed about it, God's provided this far (buut it's still a tad nerve wracking.)
Anyways, that's about all I have to say as of now, please keep up the prayers, and being encouraged by you guys has been a huge blessing as well :)
Wow! It is coming FAST!! Thanks for the rundown. You are right - God does provide and He will do it again for this :-)I sure hope I can see you before you leave!!!!
ReplyDelete