2nd week

The 2nd week finished a few days ago, so I'm a bit behind on the blog, but ohh well. Anyways, last weeks topic was 'The Nature & Character of God' and our speaker was Australian. He was so wise and had a gentle yet powerful way of speaking. I learned so much more about God's character. I also learned how important it really is to KNOW God and to know His heart.... how can you give your life to someone without knowing what they're actually about? It was another heavy, but really good week. I'm guessing that's what every week here is going to be like. It was a hard week for me personally, and I'll probably get more into that later, but yeah... just a crazy week. I can already feel the growth, and have learned so many new things, as well as learned a new spin on things I already knew.
We had 3+ hrs of lectures every day, as well as the worship/prayer time in the morning, and a few new things started up as well. Every week we will be participating in something called a Passion Group, which is basically a small group with a certain focus. The choices were a creative art group, a bible memorization group, a sports group, a baking group, a 'french fries with Jesus' group, and a girls group. I'm in the girls group, and I think it's going to be really good :) the groups are just an opportunity to get to know people in a smaller setting (there are 5 girls and 1 leader in my group) discuss things going on, and just do fun stuff together :) We also started up a bible reading group. People split into groups of 4 or 5 people, then each week we have to read a book of the bible out loud in our group. This week's book is Mark. So yeah... that's pretty cool :) Our theme for this weeks Justice Night was 'hunger'. We learned some shocking statistics (25,000 people die from starvation every day, even though the world has enough food to feed 12 billion people - TWICE the population of the world) and we learned about tons of things that play a part in this crisis. We did a few exercises where we split into groups then had to research one of things that contributes, then present it to everyone. We also had homework where we had to research our favorite snack and find out the companies policies - where they get their products, how they treat their employees, their stance on certain ethical issues, etc. Pretty crazy stuff.
So yeah, that was pretty much a summary of my week :) The weekend was nice and relaxing, with a quick trip to a nearby town, some nice quiet time, and more opportunities to get to better know these wonderful people around me :) There is sooo much I could say, but half of the stuff I don't know how to get out of my head and into words.

2 comments :

  1. Sounds exciting, challenging, hard and awesome all in one. Sounds like such great stuff you are learning - spiritually and practically. Mom told me about your week and I am really praying for strength and comfort for you. So hard to go through tough stuff - especially while in a new, far off place. God will be your strength no matter where you are and what is going on. Hope you are having a good week 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled you have this opportunity,the fewer distractions the better. Sometimes we need to be like Mary who hid the words of the angel in her heart and eventually it became more clear.if we are to eager and "jump the gun" we will be settling for much less. Time to soak it in and let it marinate.

    ReplyDelete