11th & 12th week/Outreach is HERE!

I can't believe I leave tomorrow for Cambodia! I'm blown away by what the last 12 weeks have held and how fast they have gone. It's... just crazy!

Last week was really really good. We had this energetic passionate speaker who spoke on the topic of 'Passion/Fire' and it was a really impacting week. I think it was a turning point for our whole DTS and a lot of us were really changed by the weeks' end. Also, an incredible thing happened Thursday during morning intercession. The topic was 'giving' and the focus was on our schools' outreach fees. Out of 28 people (outreach leaders included) in our school, 16 still needed money for outreach. Some didn't even have enough money to book flights, which one team needed in 2 days. Anyways, we were joined with some staff and the MOTA dts (probably around 140-150 people total) and we had a time of prayer and worship and if anyone felt led to give they could go up front and give. Someone was counting as it was happening and another person was changing the numbers on the board as the money needed went down. Within an hr EVERYTHING was paid - over 15,000 Euro (over 20,000 US dollars) - It was absolutely crazy! God used missionaries to bless missionaries; it was so powerful.

This week we've just had some outreach preparation classes and have been busy packing. Also, today I applied for another German visa, because I am strongly considering staffing at this base after my DTS. I could have waited till after outreach to apply for the visa, but then I would have to leave the country for 3 or so months. So, I applied so that if I think this is the direction God is leading me, I'll be able to return before April :) Exciting stuff! (feel free to pray that I'll begin to see God's direction in this area... I'd really appreciate it!)

So, now my lecture phase is completed. I could sit and re read that sentence again and again and it still wouldn't sink it. This is crazy! Looking back on my 12 weeks here brings up so many good memories. All the heartache and pain I went through is starting to feel worth it, and I am finally finding my confidence in God. I am so so excited to be used by Him and I'm believing (for basically the first time ever) that He WILL use me. I think my biggest obstacle has been myself and the lies I've let myself believe, and as these lies are being replaced by His truth, so much encouragement, blessing, and hope is coming through. It's an incredible process. So yeah! In about 15 hrs I'll head to the train station and begin the traveling process. We'll reach Cambodia sometime on Friday. Specific details of what we'll be doing are still not for sure defined, but I'm confident God has lots prepared for us and I'm so ready to be there. It is a mostly Buddhist nation, and it is pretty well known as place with major sex trafficking/child trafficking. However, I've also heard from people that have visited that the people are really incredible and hungry for Jesus, so I cannot wait to spread Him!

Prayer requests would be...
God's specific guidance (shut doors that aren't from Him/make His doors clear)
Physical protection (good health, etc)
Spiritual protection
and I would love to walk out in faith and see miracles abound

Thank you all so so much! I'm not sure what communication will be like once I'm there, but I should be able to update at least a time or two. If not, I get back the beginning of December. Be blessed! :)


1 comments :

  1. WOW!! I can't believe it is now time for the outreach segment either! In so many ways it feels like I just said goodbye to you!! I am so glad that you had a great week. What a neat experience with the money needs! I will be praying for you TONS as you start this new part of the journey. I have no doubt that God will be even more visible to you! Will also pray about your upcoming decision - that is a big one! Hope you are able to keep in touch. We love you!

    ReplyDelete