Home Sweet Herrnhut

Well, I made it to Herrnhut! I arrived Tuesday afternoon after quite the travels. It started the Friday before, I took a 12 hr night train to Minneapolis, where I stayed for 2 days with my best friend. Then, Monday I flew out of Minneapolis. I had 3 flights, ending up in Berlin. From Berlin I took a 3 hr bus ride, 1 hr train ride, and 15 minute drive.. and finally arrived in Herrnhut! My luggage did not make it on my flight from Copenhagen to Berlin, but it turned out being a blessing in disguise, as I didn't have to deal with it from Berlin to Herrnhut. It got delivered the next day and I was able to start settling in. My days have mainly consisted of just resting, unpacking, and getting used to things, I won't fully dive into staffing until Monday. Oh, and my apartment is so cute! I've realized, that apart from DTS (where we lived in the YWAM base, in set rooms with set people) I've never lived away from family. So this is really my first experience with living in an apartment away from home. It's a lovely place, nice big living room & big bathroom, and a kitchen! (something we didn't have access to during DTS) There are 4 bedrooms, with 7 girls total living here. Can't wait to get more settled in and get to know people more :)

Anyways, it feels so good to be back! My weeks at home were full of much questioning, "Should I really do this?" or "What if ____ is better/right?" driving myself half crazy. Saying goodbye to friends and family was awful, much worse than last time I left. I suppose it's because this time is really moving, whereas last time was just 6 months away. Also, so many things happened and changed (in not so great ways) last time I left, that it is scary to leave and not know what else could change. However, as soon as I got on that first night train I felt... peace, and minimal worrying. It's so cool to be in a position that, even if it's scary, I know I can trust God, cause I'm continually experiencing Him reassuring me and guiding me further down this path.

One of the biggest ways God has blessed and reassured me of His plans has been through financial provision. Through the support of some of my relatives and my absolutely incredible church, I am set at least through the end of the year. [at least for basic monthly living costs, outreach costs could come up] but still, CRAZY! I've been so blown away by peoples response and support, such a blessing...

Here's a couple pictures, just to show you guys how incredibly beautiful of a place this is :)

This is the view out of my kitchen window.
Lovely woods on the way to the castle. Forests have been one of my favorite sceneries most of my life, and it is such a blessing to be surrounded by this beauty every day.

*for those that gave and filled out a pledge card with your email, I do plan on sending out email updates. I had the pledge cards set aside the day I left so I could copy the emails down to my computer, but ended up not having enough time. In the chaos of packing I'm not sure where they ended up, but once my family tracks them down and gives me the emails, I will be writing you all.. for now, I'll just say another huge THANK YOU!

0 comments :

Post a Comment