3rd Week

I can't believe I am already three weeks into my DTS! And I have already been away from home over a month... crazy! This week was overall really good, even in the midst of some tough non school related stuff going on. The theme of this week was 'Spiritual Warfare/Biblical Worldview' and our speaker was the nephew of Loren Cunningham (the founder of YWAM) I don't know if I learned too much new stuff this week, but old thoughts were awakened and sharpened. It was a really full week, Tuesday night we didn't finish till 11pm, and Wednesday and Thursday we had things going on at night too, whereas usually all nights are free but Justice night on Wednesdays. I had my first 'one on one'. Each student is assigned to a staff member who they'll meet with once a week to talk about what we're learning, what we're dealing with, whether personal or school related, and basically just someone to form a good, trusting relationship with. My one on one happens to be my school leader, and I'm excited about the meetings in weeks to come. This weeks Justice Night was about gender inequality in different countries and how much of an issue of injustice that can really be. It was sad, shocking, and eye opening.
This weekend me and six other people took a quick overnight trip to Prague. It is a beautiful city and I can now add the Czech Republic to my list of countries I've been to ... :)
As each week goes by, I miss home more and more, but at the same time, week by week this places starts to feel more like home. All I can say is that I cannot wait to see what these next 20 weeks hold!

1 comments :

  1. I am glad you got to get away for a little bit. I saw the pics on facebook (I logged onto dads) - It looked amazing. I can't believe you have been gone for a month - in some ways it seems like I was just there saying goodbye and in other ways it feels like that was AGES ago! I am praying for you ALOT and know its been tough for you - one day at a time, one hour at a time and sometimes even one moment at a time.

    ReplyDelete