First week of classes

Well, the first week of classes is done and I’m looking forward to the weekend, time to process and rest. This week’s topic was on Hearing the voice of God, and our speaker was a man who works at the YWAM base in Switzerland. Anyways, the topic was a really interesting one, but intense and a lot to take in. He said a lot of challenging things and things that I hadn’t really heard or thought of before. He also had us do some exercises to help us practice hearing God’s voice, testing if stuff was in our own mind or really from Him, and so on. He also had us try get different words of knowledge for people in our class. The exercises were incredibly nerve wracking for me, and I kind of doubted myself the whole time, but I did receive some really amazing encouragement/words of wisdom from people. Some things were spoken into my life that surprised me, and some things were spoken to me about issues and wrong state of minds that I’ve been having, and need to deal with. (sorry if that doesn’t really make sense, this is hard to explain) so yeah, overall just a intense but good, challenging week. Homesickness and loneliness is starting to hit, but at the same time I'm starting some really good friendships. Soo yeah, we had quite a bit of class time this week, as well as worship and prayer time, and just hanging out getting to know the group better. On Wednesday nights we have something called “Justice Night” and it’s something I’m really excited about. Each week we’ll take a deeper look at a particular justice issue or aspect, and then for a week we’ll focus in on that and it’ll be incorporated into our prayer time/discussion time, etc. It should be pretty awesome and a good way to dive in deeper to the issue. Anyways, I don’t have too much else to say, thanks again for all prayers and encouragement :) I can definitely feel the power of your prayers. Miss you all.

PS - I probably won’t put pictures on this blog because my internet time is limited and it takes forever to upload, so if you’re my friend on Facebook you can check out my pictures on there :)


0 comments :

Post a Comment