Well, I’m in Germany! I’ve been here since Thursday night, but was waiting for things to get started more before I blogged. Besides a couple of ‘get to know your school’ events, school didn’t really start until Monday so up until then was basically a bunch of free time, getting to know the base, the town, and the people. It’s all been interesting and fun, and just nice to get some down time before everything starts.
By today I was ready and excited to be on more of a schedule. Our schedule of today, and what I’m guessing will be similar to days after, went somethin’ like this… Breakfast is at 7am, which I somehow was awake for (our room gets so bright in the mornings… makes sleeping past 7 or 8 pretty impossible.. which has actually been pretty nice :) at 8:30 there was base worship, which, from what I’ve gathered, is a Monday morning thing, where everyone on base (all schools, all staff) just come together and worship. It was really good and refreshing. On a daily basis this time (after breakfast till 9:30 or 10) will be prayer time or more worship time. Then we have class, today that consisted of introductions and going over rules/guidelines. Then we have something that has become one of my favorite parts of the day…coffee/fruit break :) that happens at 11 every day, and it, like the other meals, is when you get together will whichever school and staff is around, so it gives you a chance to get to know the people that may not be in your school. Just to explain something, my Justice DTS is not the only school going on at this base, there are four other schools going on as well, plus there is all sorts of staff, so yeah… quite a few people :) anyways, after the break there is more class, then lunch is at 1, then at 2 work duties begin. I chose to be on the lunch clean up team, so basically from 2-4 every day, me and a few other girls will be in the kitchen cleaning up. But yeah, every afternoon all of the students are working in their assigned areas. It’s actually pretty fun :) Today we had more class after work duty, but I’m not sure if that will be common or not. The schedule could switch around as weeks go by, but as of now that’s how it is. Supper is at 6, then after that is free time, unless a special event of sorts is happening. So… there you have it, my average day :)
It’s been amazing to be around people whose hearts are in similar places to mine, and I cannot wait to learn and grow together as this goes on. I’m rooming with 10 other girls, but two are missing. There are actually quite a few people missing from our school, they are waiting on visas or passports, and have until this week to make it here (otherwise they have missed too much of the school and cannot graduate at the end) so if you think of it, pray things come together for them.
Another amazing thing is all the different cultures represented in this school and on this base. I’ve been entertained by all the different accents around me, and I am now even more determined to learn German. Since this is a bilingual school, both English and German speaking people can come here, all of our classes are done with a translator. That has been fun and really interesting. Today I had to give a little introduction of myself, and I had to pause after a sentence or so, and waited to be translated into German… kinda funny :) It really exposes you to the language though, so I’m hoping to pick up on it. Anyways, for now that’s as far as I’ll get into details.. I’m sure I’ll have lots more to share soon :) Thank you all so much for the prayers and support so far!
This is great! I'm glad everything went OK on your journey over there! :D I can't wait to hear more and I really wish that I was over there with you right now. Next time! ;-)
ReplyDelete